Epson Perfection 4870 Driver Download and User Manual For Windows, Mac, Linux - Epson Perfection 4870 is a scanner that is launched by Epson to accommodate the increase of the scanner, whether for home or small office settings. This scanner is able to handle Plain paper, bulk objects such as books, transparencies, and film. However, it does not have automatic document feeder (ADF) so you have to re-feed your documents manually. This device also comes with various software that will help you manage your scanned documents, such as ABBYY FineReader Sprint, SilverFast SE 6, Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0, and EPSON Scan.
Epson Perfection 4870 uses flatbed scanner technology with 4800 x 9600 dpi in maximum resolution, which ensures the vividness and sharpness of your scanned documents. The scanner speed is also pretty fast, with 16.9 ms/line for both mono and color documents. As for the connectivity, it is only equipped with USB port, which may be a hassle for small offices as they need more accessibility.
Epson Perfection 4870 comes with good size, with only 12 x 17.2 x 5.3 inches in width, depth, and height respectively, and 14.77 lbs. in weight. With this size, it does not require too much space in your room, and you can move it around without too many hassles.
- No-compromise scanning power for photo professionals and serious enthusiasts
- Exceptional quality at 4800 x 9600dpi resolution, 3.8DMax optical density
- Removes surface defects during scanning using Digital ICETM Technology
- Handles all common film types, including up to 24 x 35mm frames in one batch
- Epson Scan and SilverFast® software adds flexibility and total control of your scans
- Ideal for improving, archiving and enlarging films and prints
Epson Perfection 4870 Driver Download and User Manual For Windows, Mac, Linux
Operating System Support
Epson Perfection 4870 TWAIN Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.04A for Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista (32bit or 64bit)
Description: This self-extracting file contains the EPSON Scan Utility and TWAIN Driver v3.04A for Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit Editions. This file self-extracts to your hard drive and is placed in a folder that begins with C:\EPSON\epson12180...
File name: epson12180.exe
Driver size: 14.8 Mb
Epson Perfection 4870 TWAIN Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.03A for Windows XP/2000/Me/98 (32bit or 64bit)
Description: This self-extracting file contains the Epson Perfection 4870 and 4990 Series EPSON Scan Utility and TWAIN Driver v3.03A for Windows 98SE, Me, XP, XP 64-bit Edition and 2000. This file extracts to your hard drive and is placed in a folder that begins with C:\EPSON\epson12052...
File name: epson12052.exe
Driver size: 11.9 Mb
Epson Perfection 4870 Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.07 for Mac OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9
Description: This file contains the Epson Perfection 4870 Series Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.07.
File name: epson15906.dmg
Driver size: 14.7 Mb
Epson Perfection 4870 Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.07A for Mac OS X 10.8/10.7/10.6/10.5/10.4/10.3/10.2
Description: This file contains the Epson Perfection 4870 Series Universal Binary Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.07A.
File name: epson13855.dmg
Driver size: 13.1 Mb
Epson Perfection 4870 Scanner driver for Linux OS
Description: Typing Perfection 4870 at search button and click enter.
How to Install Epson Perfection 4870 Driver
To install a driver in Epson Perfection 4870, you can choose from one of the two available ways. Most users simply utilize CD driver setup that is included in the starter package. This is indeed the simplest method and the most recommended one. Why? The official CD driver setup is compatible with Operating Systems such as Windows OS or MAC OS. The driver will detect the installed operating system on a computer or laptop automatically. Then, how to install the driver for Windows and Mac OS correctly? The method to install the printer driver on each OS is different, as explained below.
- First of all, insert the CD driver into DVD Rom tray and push the tray back in place.
- Setup wizard will automatically run once the system reads the CD. If auto-run command in your Windows is enabled, you can run the setup.exe automatically from the pop-up notice. If it does not appear, you can locate the setup.exe manually. Open your explorer, find DVD Rom driver, and locate the setup executable file.
- After you find the setup.exe, you need to double-click on it. Wait a few moments till the installation wizard appears. Then, there will be user agreement content related to the printer product. Choose yes or checkmark the agreement box.
- After that, click the “Next” button. Advanced users may customize installation by choosing the desired software. If you are not familiar with driver installation, choose default. Then, click Install and wait till the process is finished. The installation may take few minutes. It depends on the computer or laptop hardware. There will be notice that informs about completion of installation.
- The next step is connecting Epson Perfection 4870 to the computer. Once the system identifies the newly plugged device, the installation process is complete. In addition, it is possible to download the driver from Epson official website, but you need to specify the type of the OS.
Mac devices running on MacOS require different method of installation. Unlike Windows, installation of Epson Perfection 4870 on Macs requires you to download specific software files first. Make sure that the file you downloaded is authentic. Head on to Epson official website to find driver setup file that matches your OS version.
- Turn your Epson Perfection 4870 on. Either through cable or wirelessly, makes sure that the printer is hooked to an internet connection that works well.
- Download the driver setup file and run the file on your computer.
- A window pops up displaying Software License Agreement. Accept the terms and condition, click the “Next” button followed by clicking “Agree”.
- Choose Install and click “Close”.
- A new window pops up. Choose your printer’s name off the list and click “Next”.
- Continue with Printer Registration and click “Next”.
- A new window pops up. Click “Agree”. Click “Next”.
- Click the OK button when you are presented with a message: “Register a printer to Epson Connect”.
- Choose “Create an Epson Connect Account”. Fill out the form completely and click “Finish”.
- Click “Close” to complete the process.