Epson Expression 1600 Artist Driver and User Manual For Windows, Mac, Linux - If you are looking for a scanner that is able to help your daily works, choosing Epson Expression 1600 Artist may be the best choice. Released by Epson to accommodate the elevating needs of the scanner, this machine is able to create images up to 1600 x 3200 dpi in resolution. While this is not exceptional, it is good enough, especially for home and personal use. Its power consumption is pretty good, with only 30 watts during operation, and 10 watts during standby mode.
Epson Expression 1600 Artist does not have any Automatic Document Feeder (ADF), so you have to manually re-feed your documents. As for the connectivity, it only comes with USB port, limiting its function as personal and home scanner only. The size is actually pretty big compared to most personal and home scanners on the market, with 18.74 lbs. in weight, and 13.1 x 22.1 x 5.3 inches in width, depth, and height respectively.
Epson Expression 1600 Artist is compatible with Mac OS (version 8.1 or later) and Windows (XP and above). The scan speed is pretty average, but sufficient enough for home and personal use, with 7.5 ms/line. Overall, this machine does its job very well as personal and home scanner.
Epson Expression 1600 Artist Specifications
|Certifications :||TWAIN Compliant|
|Color Depth :||1-Bit Line Art|
|Color Depth :||12-Bit Grayscale|
|Color Depth :||36-Bit Color|
|Controller Card :|
|Document Handling :||Optional ADF|
|Document Handling :||Optional Transparency Adapter|
|Maximum Scan Size :||8.5 x 11.7 in|
|Misc Features :||Color Management|
|Misc Features :||Gamma Correction|
|Misc Features :||USB Cable|
|Misc Features :||Xenon Lamp|
|O/S Supported :||System 7.5|
|O/S Supported :||Windows 95|
|O/S Supported :||Windows 98|
|O/S Supported :||Windows NT 4.0|
|Power Required :||120 VAC|
|Resolutions :||12800 dpi (Interpolated)|
|Resolutions :||1600 x 3200 dpi (Optical)|
|Scan Speed :||3.1 ms/Line Grayscale|
|Scan Speed :||3.1 ms/Line Line Art|
|Scan Speed :||9.2 ms/Line Color|
|Software Included :||Adobe PhotoShop 5.0 LE|
|Software Included :||Epson TWAIN Pro|
|Software Included :||Monaco EZcolor 1.5|
|Software Included :||NewSoft Presto! PageManager OCR|
|Software Included :||Xerox TextBridge OCR Classic|
|Technology :||CCD Charge Coupled Device|
|Technology :||Color Flatbed|
|Type Device :||Scanner|
|Type Interface(s) :||SCSI 2|
|Type Interface(s) :||USB|
Epson Expression 1600 Artist Driver and User Manual
Operating System Support
TWAIN Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.04A for Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista (32bit)
Description: This self-extracting file contains the EPSON Scan Utility and TWAIN Driver v3.04A for Windows Vista 32-bit Edition. This file self-extracts to your hard drive and is placed in a folder that begins with C:\EPSON\epson12202...
File name: epson12202.exe
Driver size: 14.1 Mb
TWAIN Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v2.75A for Windows XP/2000/Me/98 (32bit)
Description: This self-extracting file contains the TWAIN Driver v2.75A and EPSON Scan Utility for Windows 98SE, Me, XP and 2000. This file self-extracts to your hard drive and is placed in c:\epson\epson11683.
File name: epson11683.exe
Driver size: 11.1 Mb
Epson Expression 1600 Artist ICA Scanner Driver for Image Capture v5.8.6 for Mac OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6
Description: This file contains the ICA Scanner Driver v5.8.6 for Apple's Image Capture utility.
File name: epson17516.dmg
Driver size: 15.3 Mb
Epson Expression 1600 Artist Scanner driver for Linux OS
Description: Typing Expression 1600 at search button and click enter.
How to Install Epson Expression 1600 Artist Driver
To install a driver in Epson Expression 1600 Artist, you can choose from one of the two available ways. Most users simply utilize CD driver setup that is included in the starter package. This is indeed the simplest method and the most recommended one. Why? The official CD driver setup is compatible with Operating Systems such as Windows OS or MAC OS. The driver will detect the installed operating system on a computer or laptop automatically. Then, how to install the driver for Windows and Mac OS correctly? The method to install the printer driver on each OS is different, as explained below.
- First of all, insert the CD driver into DVD Rom tray and push the tray back in place.
- Setup wizard will automatically run once the system reads the CD. If auto-run command in your Windows is enabled, you can run the setup.exe automatically from the pop-up notice. If it does not appear, you can locate the setup.exe manually. Open your explorer, find DVD Rom driver, and locate the setup executable file.
- After you find the setup.exe, you need to double-click on it. Wait a few moments till the installation wizard appears. Then, there will be user agreement content related to the printer product. Choose yes or checkmark the agreement box.
- After that, click the “Next” button. Advanced users may customize installation by choosing the desired software. If you are not familiar with driver installation, choose default. Then, click Install and wait till the process is finished. The installation may take few minutes. It depends on the computer or laptop hardware. There will be notified that informs about completion of installation.
- The next step is connecting Epson Expression 1600 Artist to the computer. Once the system identifies the newly plugged device, the installation process is complete. In addition, it is possible to download the driver from Epson official website, but you need to specify the type of the OS.
Mac devices running on MacOS require different method of installation. Unlike Windows, installation of Epson Expression 1600 Artist on Macs requires you to download specific software files first. Make sure that the file you downloaded is authentic. Head on to Epson official website to find driver setup file that matches your OS version.
- Turn your Epson Expression 1600 Artist on. Either through cable or wirelessly, makes sure that the printer is hooked to an internet connection that works well.
- Download the driver setup file and run the file on your computer.
- A window pops up displaying Software License Agreement. Accept the terms and condition, click the “Next” button followed by clicking “Agree”.
- Choose Install and click “Close”.
- A new window pops up. Choose your printer’s name off the list and click “Next”.
- Continue with Printer Registration and click “Next”.
- A new window pops up. Click “Agree”. Click “Next”.
- Click the OK button when you are presented with a message: “Register a printer to Epson Connect”.
- Choose “Create an Epson Connect Account”. Fill out the form completely and click “Finish”.
- Click “Close” to complete the process.