Epson Perfection 3490 works best with the following system requirement details: 350 MB or 450 MB of minimum hard drive space, 128 MB of minimum RAM size, and operating systems of Windows (2000 Pro, XP, 98 SE, and ME) and Mac OS (OS X 10.2.7 or later). The unit supports a maximum size of documents of 8.5 x 11.7 inches. Its nominal voltage is AC 20 V while the frequency it uses is 50 – 60 Hz. During operation, it consumes 19 watts of power while in both standby and sleep modes, it consumes 5.5 watts of power. And it uses an internal power supply.
Like most printer canon and hp printer, the Epson Perfection 3490 supports the following document types: film, plain paper, and transparencies. It's document feeder type is manual. The unit is equipped with a flatbed scanner of 3200 x 6400 dpi of maximum optical resolution. This resolution can be interpolated into 12800 x 12800 dpi. Scanning speed is quoted as 14.5 ms/line, both in black and white and color.
Epson Perfection 3490 uses USB 2.0 as its scanner’s interface type. The scanner’s element type is CCD and its document size class is A4 or Letter. Supported maximum document size for this scanner is 8.5 x 11.7 inches.
Epson Perfection 3490 Specifications
|Epson Perfection 3490||B11B177045|
|SCANNER TYPE||Flatbed color image scanner|
|SUB-SCANNING METHOD||Fixed document and moving carriage|
|6 line alternated color CCD|
with On-Chip Microlens
|MAXIMUM EFFECTIVE SCAN AREA||8.5" x 11.7" (216 x 297mm)|
|LIGHT SOURCE||White cold cathode fluorescent lamp|
|OPTICAL RESOLUTION||3,200 x 6,400dpi (with Micro Step Drive)|
|OPTICAL DENSITY||3.2 Dmax|
|PUSH BUTTONS||4 one-touch buttons|
Scan to e-mail
Scan to PDF
|Built-in Integrated Transparency Unit|
35mm strip x 4 frames strip
35mm slide x 3 frames
|PIXEL DEPTH (IN/OUT)|
|122,400 pixels (20400 x 2 line x 3 colours)|
|OUTPUT RESOLUTION||50dpi to 12,800dpi|
|16-bit (65,536 greyscale levels) external|
16-bit (65,536 greyscale levels) internal
|48-bit (281,474 billion colours) external|
48-bit (281,474 billion colours) internal
|MONOCHROME REFLECTIVE||A4 300dpi 14 sec|
|COLOUR REFLECTIVE||A4 300dpi 15 sec|
|35mm POSITIVE FILM||2,400dpi 43 sec|
|35mm NEGATIVE FILM||2,400dpi 94 sec|
|FOR MACINTOSH AND USB 1.1 USERS||Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition / XP Professional / ME / 98SE / 2000 Professional / Mac® OS X 10.2 or later|
|FOR MACINTOSH AND USB 2.0 USERS||Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition / XP Professional / ME / 98SE / 2000 Professional / Mac® OS X 10.2.7 or later|
|++The functionality of the USB port(s) must be ensured by the vendor of the Host.|
|TEMPERATURE||5° to 35°C (Operating)|
|HUMIDITY||10% to 80% without condensation (Operating)|
|VOLTAGE||AC220 ~ 240V|
|FREQUENCY||50 to 60Hz|
|POWER CONSUMPTION||17W (Operating)|
Epson Perfection 3490 Scanner Driver Free Download For Windows, Mac OS and Linux
Operating System Support
Epson Perfection 3490 Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.04A for Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista (32bit or 64bit)
Description: This file contains the Epson Perfection 3490 and 3590 Photo Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.04A.
File name: epson13829.exe
Driver size: 18.9 Mb
Epson Perfection 3490 TWAIN Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v2.75A for Windows XP/2000/Me/98 (32bit)
Description: This self-extracting file contains the EPSON Scan Utility and TWAIN Driver v2.75A for the Epson Perfection 3490 Photo and 3590 Photo for Windows 98SE, Me, XP and 2000. This file extracts to your hard drive and is placed in c:\epson\epson11693.
File name: epson11693.exe
Driver size: 6.6 Mb
Event Manager Utility v3.10.61 for Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP (32bit or 64bit)
Description: This file contains the Epson Event Manager Utility v3.10.61.
This utility allows you to activate the Epson Scan Utility from the control panel of your Epson model.
File name: epson17646.exe
Driver size: 17.2 Mb
Note: * The Epson Scan Utility must be installed prior to using this utility.
* Changes to your firewall or security software may be needed to ensure this software isn't being blocked.
Epson Perfection 3490 Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.07 for Mac OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9
Description: This file contains the Epson Perfection 3490 and 3590 Photo Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.07.
File name: epson15908.dmg
Driver size: 14.8 Mb
Epson Perfection 3490 Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.07A for Mac OS X 10.8/10.7/10.6/10.5/10.4/10.3/10.2
Description: This file contains the Epson Perfection 3490 and 3590 Photo Universal Binary Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.07A.
File name: epson13834.dmg
Driver size: 13.2 Mb
Epson Perfection 3490 Scanner driver for Linux OS
Description: Typing Perfection 3490 at search button and click enter.
How to Install Epson Perfection 3490 Driver
To install a driver in Epson Perfection 3490, you can choose from one of the two available ways. Most users simply utilize CD driver setup that is included in the starter package. This is indeed the simplest method and the most recommended one. Why? The official CD driver setup is compatible with Operating Systems such as Windows OS or MAC OS. The driver will detect the installed operating system on a computer or laptop automatically. Then, how to install the driver for Windows and Mac OS correctly? The method to install the printer driver on each OS is different, as explained below.
- First of all, insert the CD driver into DVD Rom tray and push the tray back in place.
- Setup wizard will automatically run once the system reads the CD. If auto-run command in your Windows is enabled, you can run the setup.exe automatically from the pop-up notice. If it does not appear, you can locate the setup.exe manually. Open your explorer, find DVD Rom driver, and locate the setup executable file.
- After you find the setup.exe, you need to double-click on it. Wait a few moments till the installation wizard appears. Then, there will be user agreement content related to the printer product. Choose yes or checkmark the agreement box.
- After that, click the “Next” button. Advanced users may customize installation by choosing the desired software. If you are not familiar with driver installation, choose default. Then, click Install and wait till the process is finished. The installation may take few minutes. It depends on the computer or laptop hardware. There will be notified that informs about completion of installation.
- The next step is connecting Epson Perfection 3490 to the computer. Once the system identifies the newly plugged device, the installation process is complete. In addition, it is possible to download the driver from Epson official website, but you need to specify the type of the OS.
Mac devices running on MacOS require different method of installation. Unlike Windows, installation of Epson Perfection 3490 on Macs requires you to download specific software files first. Make sure that the file you downloaded is authentic. Head on to Epson official website to find driver setup file that matches your OS version.
- Turn your Epson Perfection 3490 on. Either through cable or wirelessly, makes sure that the printer is hooked to an internet connection that works well.
- Download the driver setup file and run the file on your computer.
- A window pops up displaying Software License Agreement. Accept the terms and condition, click the “Next” button followed by clicking “Agree”.
- Choose Install and click “Close”.
- A new window pops up. Choose your printer’s name off the list and click “Next”.
- Continue with Printer Registration and click “Next”.
- A new window pops up. Click “Agree”. Click “Next”.
- Click the OK button when you are presented with a message: “Register a printer to Epson Connect”.
- Choose “Create an Epson Connect Account”. Fill out the form completely and click “Finish”.
- Click “Close” to complete the process.