Epson Stylus CX5400 is compatible for use with the following operating systems: MS Windows 2000, MS Windows 98 SE, MS Windows ME, MS Windows XP, Apple Mac OS 8.6 or later, and Apple Mac OS X 10.2.1 or later. It comes out of the box along with a row of software and apps such as drivers and utilities, EPSON Smart Panel, ArcSoft PhotoImpression, and ABBYY FineReader. The printer is about 19.84 lbs of weight. In its standby mode, the printer consumes about 6 watts of power. In operational mode, the printer consumes 23 watts.
Epson Stylus CX5400 uses color inkjet as its printing technology. It uses wired connectivity technology. It comes with a built-in copier. This copier can copy in black and white at the speed of 15 pages per minute. It can copy in color at the speed of 5 pages per minute. Its maximum copy counts are 99 pages.
Epson Stylus CX5400 itself has a maximum resolution of 5760 x 1440 dpi. It can print in black and white at the speed of 22 pages per minute. The printer can print in color at the speed of 11 pages per minute. It also comes with a built-in scanner whose maximum resolution is 1200 x 1200 dpi.
- Epson Smart Panel software for simple control of all functions
- Quick and easy set up and connection
- Cost-effective, compact and simple to use
- Separate ink cartridges for cost-saving flexibility
- Epson DURABriteTM inks for excellent results on any media
- Borderfree printing and photocopying up to A4
Epson Stylus CX5400 Driver Download and Manual Install
Operating System Support
Epson Stylus CX5400 Printer Driver and Scanner Driver for Windows 7 (32bit or 64bit)
Description: Windows 7 drivers for this model are included in the Windows 7 operating system. Follow the instructions below to install the Windows 7 printer and scanner drivers.
TWAIN Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.04A for Windows Vista (32bit or 64bit)
Description: This self-extracting file contains the EPSON Scan Utility and TWAIN Driver v3.04A for Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit Editions. This file extracts to your hard drive and is placed in a folder that begins with C:\epson\epson12258...
File name: epson12258.exe
Driver size: 21.1 Mb
Epson Stylus CX5400 Printer Driver v5.4aA for Windows XP/2000 (32bit)
Description: This self-extracting file contains the Epson Stylus CX5400 Printer Driver for Windows 2000 and XP (Printer Driver v5.4aA, Core Driver Disk v5.40).
File name: epson10849.exe
Driver size: 6.2 Mb
Important: After installing this printer driver, but before connecting your printer to your computer, you must download and install the TWAIN driver (also available for download on this page).
TWAIN Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v2.65A for Windows XP/2000/Me/98 (32bit)
Description: This self-extracting file contains the EPSON Scan Utility and TWAIN Driver v2.65A for Windows 98SE, Me, 2000 and XP. This file self-extracts to your hard drive and is placed in c:\EPSON\epson11376.
File name: epson11376.exe
Driver size: 7.8 Mb
Note: Windows XP users: During installation you may see a "Hardware Warning" dialog box. Click "Continue Anyway" to complete the installation.
Epson Stylus CX5400 Epson Scan Uninstaller v1.00 for Mac OS X 10.6/10.5/10.4/10.3/10.2
Description: This file contains the Epson Scan Uninstaller v1.00.
File name: epson12887.dmg
Driver size: 740 Kb
Epson Stylus CX5400 Epson EasyPrint v3.10 for Mac OS X 10.6/10.5/10.4/10.3
Description: Epson EasyPrint is a software utility that makes it easier for you to adjust printer settings. You can select printer settings directly from the Print window, without having to click the Properties button. Epson EasyPrint is already included with Epson Smart Panel 3.2 and Epson Copy Utility 3.0.
File name: epson12434.dmg
Driver size: 2.4 Mb
Epson Stylus CX5400 Printer, Scanner driver for Linux OS
Description: Typing CX5400 at search button and click enter.
How to Install Epson Stylus CX5400 Driver
To install a driver in Epson Stylus CX5400, you can choose from one of the two available ways. Most users simply utilize CD driver setup that is included in the starter package. This is indeed the simplest method and the most recommended one. Why? The official CD driver setup is compatible with Operating Systems such as Windows OS or MAC OS. The driver will detect the installed operating system on a computer or laptop automatically. Then, how to install the driver for Windows and Mac OS correctly? The method to install the printer driver on each OS is different, as explained below.
- First of all, insert the CD driver into DVD Rom tray and push the tray back in place.
- Setup wizard will automatically run once the system reads the CD. If auto-run command in your Windows is enabled, you can run the setup.exe automatically from the pop-up notice. If it does not appear, you can locate the setup.exe manually. Open your explorer, find DVD Rom driver, and locate the setup executable file.
- After you find the setup.exe, you need to double-click on it. Wait a few moments till the installation wizard appears. Then, there will be user agreement content related to the printer product. Choose yes or checkmark the agreement box.
- After that, click the “Next” button. Advanced users may customize installation by choosing the desired software. If you are not familiar with driver installation, choose default. Then, click Install and wait till the process is finished. The installation may take few minutes. It depends on the computer or laptop hardware. There will be notified that informs about completion of installation.
- The next step is connecting Epson Stylus CX5400 to the computer. Once the system identifies the newly plugged device, the installation process is complete. In addition, it is possible to download the driver from Epson official website, but you need to specify the type of the OS.
Mac devices running on MacOS require different method of installation. Unlike Windows, installation of Epson Stylus CX5400 on Macs requires you to download specific software files first. Make sure that the file you downloaded is authentic. Head on to Epson official website to find driver setup file that matches your OS version.
- Turn your Epson Stylus CX5400 on. Either through cable or wirelessly, makes sure that the printer is hooked to an internet connection that works well.
- Download the driver setup file and run the file on your computer.
- A window pops up displaying Software License Agreement. Accept the terms and condition, click the “Next” button followed by clicking “Agree”.
- Choose Install and click “Close”.
- A new window pops up. Choose your printer’s name off the list and click “Next”.
- Continue with Printer Registration and click “Next”.
- A new window pops up. Click “Agree”. Click “Next”.
- Click the OK button when you are presented with a message: “Register a printer to Epson Connect”.
- Choose “Create an Epson Connect Account”. Fill out the form completely and click “Finish”.
- Click “Close” to complete the process.